We use Lamb Meat in many of our Lebanese dishes. Our method is to cook it separately to maintain the right flavor while ensuring the good taste of the intended main dish.
Lamb Meat is used in dishes like Laban Oummo or Lamb in Yogurt, Bean Stews, Okra, and Lamb Mloukhieh to name few. Knowing this particular method will be of use to you when preparing certain recipes.
- 1 kg Lamb meat cut in cubes
- 3-4 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 5-6 Cardamon Grains
- 4 Cups of Water
- To Season: Salt, Ground Cinnamon, and Pepper
- In a non-stick stew pan, stir the Lamb meat for 10 minutes or until they turn brownish
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Sieve out the foam, and add: 3-4 bay leaves, 2 cinnamon sticks, 5-6 grains Cardamom.
- Season with Salt, Ground Cinnamon, and Pepper.
- Lower the heat, cover and leave it to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Discard the herbs, and preserve the liquid when cooled as a broth for future recipe requiring it.