Beet Tahini Salad
A Recipe from My Series of Delicious, Energy-Booster, Detoxing Beets Salads
If you have reached this recipe from my How to Roast Beets and Make Various Beet Salads, you surely have a good idea about the great benefits of the Beets and how to best cook them. If not, here is an overview before you start with the recipe.
Beets Health Benefits
- Excellent Energy Booster
- Exceptional weight loss food: no fat and very little calories
- Excellent source of folic acid, fiber, magnesium, potassium and several vitamins,
- Natural Antioxidant and Body Detox
- Strong supporter of Heart Health as they act to control LDL and Triglycerides.
- Good source of vitamin C and manganese
- Prevent from various types of Cancer
- and last, but not least, beets have aphrodisiac properties
How to Make the Best Out of Your Beets Salad
Rule #1: Roast your beets instead of boiling them to preserve their nutritious values and authentic taste. Boiling them takes away most of their health benefits.
Rule #2: Roast your beets ahead of time, and store them in your fridge in an air-tighten container. This will allow a super quick preparation of any of their salads.
Please refer to the instruction here on how to roast your beets.
Beet Tahini Salad
- 1 cup Tahini Dressing Recipe: https://www.easylebaneserecipes.com/tahini-dressing/
- 6 Roasted Beets cut them in bite cubes
- 6 stalks Spring Onions
For the Dressing
- 5 tbsps Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 dash Salt and Pepper
- 3-4 leaves Fresh Mint or fresh parsley
Gently mix Beets, Spring onions and Tahini Sauce
On the side, whisk Olive Oil with Balsamic Vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Pour on the salad and mix well but gently.
Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes before serving.
Note: If your beets are newly roasted and still warm, chill the salad for about 15-20 minutes.
Garnishing and Serving
Remove from the fridge and garnish with the mint leaves or the parsley.
Share the Knowledge! Spread the Love!