Breakfast Scrambled Eggs
with Fresh Veggies, Ham, and Cheeses
Give a little more time to your scrambled eggs with this recipe. It is worth it, and you and your family will enjoy them more. These five more minutes to chop and sautée the vegetables will make a big difference in evolving your same-same scrambled eggs into a pleasure and a morning boost of energy.
Vegetarian? Discard the ham, and enjoy your breakfast fully!
The recipe is really easy. We sautée in very little oil the chopped ham, spring onion and red pepper for a minute. The chopped tomatoes join in for few seconds only to maintain their freshness. We season with salt, black pepper and turmeric, and beat the eggs, adding a little milk and some finely chopped parsley.
We serve right away on the plates, and sprinkle mixed shredded cheese that will melt on in seconds. How does it sound? Yummy, yummy!
Have a great breakfast!
Eggs Scrambled with Veggies and topped with Cheese
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Roma Tomato or Grape Tomato chopped thinly
- 2 stalks Spring Onion chopped finely; only the white section.
- 2 tbsps (full) finely chopped Green Pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 slices Ham (medium) chopped finely
- 1 tbsp (full) Butter (Unsalted)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsps Milk optional
- 1 dash Ground Turmeric
- 1 dash Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt or as desired
- 1/4 cup Mixed Shredded Cheese of your choice (I am generous with the cheese topping. Feel free to increase the quantity if you are a fan of melting cheese like me.)
Make sure to chop your ham and vegetables very thinly for a smoother result.
In a bowl, whisk well your eggs in a bowl, and season with the salt and the spices.
In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter and mix the oil in.
Sautée the slices of ham until they change color, and set aside. In the same buttered oil, add the onions and the green pepper, and sautée until they wither and soften.
Add the tomatoes, and cook for a second. Stir in the cooked hams, the chopped parsley, and the whisked eggs, and lower the heat to low. If you want them a little creamy, this is the time to add the milk. Otherwise, skip it.
Keep mixing and turning them until cooked to your liking.
Transfer the scrambled eggs in equal partions onto two plates. Sprinkle at once in equal portions the shredded cheese over the eggs.
Allow it 2-3 seconds to start melting, and serve.