A Side-Dish Full of Nutrients & Flavor:
Roasted Beets & Roots
A Recipe from My Series of Delicious, Energy-Booster, Detoxing Beets Salads
Roasting Your Beets: A Smart Decision!
It is always my preference to roast the beets instead of boiling them to preserve their nutritious values and authentic taste. That’s why I love this dish! Boiling the beets tend to fade most of their flavor.
Beets are here roasted with potatoes, carrots and onions. The roasted roots are then freshened up with chopped parsley and deliciously enhanced with a dressing of thyme, olive oil and lemon juice.
You may add other roots if desired as long as you maintain the culinary method.
Beets Health Benefits
- Excellent Energy Booster
- Exceptional weight loss food: no fat and very little calories
- Excellent source of folic acid, fiber, magnesium, potassium and several vitamins,
- Natural Antioxidant and Body Detox
- Strong supporter of Heart Health as they act to control LDL and Triglycerides.
- Good source of vitamin C and manganese
- Prevent from various types of Cancer
- and last, but not least, beets have aphrodisiac properties
Roasted Beets & Roots with Thyme & Lemon
- 4 Beets peeled and cut in bites
- 6 Carrot (medium) peeled and cut in small lengths
- 4 Potatoes peeled and cut in bites
- 2 Onion (large) cut in wedges
- Olive Oil Pure (for cooking)
- 4 tbsps Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp Lebanese 7-Spice
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice fresh
- 1 tsp Lebanese 7-Spice
- 2 tsps Dry Thyme
- 1 dash Salt or as desired
Roasting the Roots
Preheat your oven at 375F.
Drizzle the beets with oil, salt and the 7-spice and wrapped them in aluminium foil.
Season the other vegetables/roots with the same.
Roast all together in the oven for 20 minutes.
Turn them, and roast for another 20 minutes.
Remove the roots from the oven, except the Beets. Leave these in to roast for another 10 minutes while you prepare the dressing. Remove from oven and have all your cooked roots in a serving plate.
Preparing the Dressing
Whisk together Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, thyme, 7-spices, and a dash of salt.
Add the parsley to the roots, pour on the dressing and mix well but gently.
Serve at room temperature as a side dish or salad.
Share the Knowledge! Spread the Love!