1 cup Roasted beetscut in string or in bites
2 cups Purslanewatercress or leaves
1 cup Fresh Wild Thyme(Fresh Zaatar)
1 cup Pomegranate berries
For the Dressing
1/2 cup Olive Oilextra virgin
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
Ground Cuminto season
Beets Pomegranate Salad with Purslane
To benefit the most from this salad of my Delicious, Energy-Booster, Detoxing Recipe Series, make sure to follow these 2 main rules:
Rule #1: Roast your beets instead of boiling them to preserve their nutritious values and authentic taste. Boiling them takes away most of their health benefits.
Rule #2: Roast your beets ahead of time, and store them in your fridge in an air-tighten container. This will allow a super quick preparation of any of their salads.
Beets Health Benefits
- Excellent Energy Booster
- Exceptional weight loss food: no fat and very little calories
- Excellent source of folic acid, fiber, magnesium, potassium and several vitamins,
- Natural Antioxidant and Body Detox
- Strong supporter of Heart Health as they act to control LDL and Triglycerides.
- Good source of vitamin C and manganese
- Prevent from various types of Cancer
- and last, but not least, beets have aphrodisiac properties
Start by roasting your beets by following the easy instruction recipe: How to Roast Beets and Make Various Beet Salads.
Enjoy and see you soon!
1- Combine Roasted Beets, Purslane, fresh Thyme and the Pomegranate berries